So you like already know about Blog Defender 3 by Matt Garrett which was launched on April . In this blog post, we hope to take a closer look into Blog Defender as a WordPress plugin and why protecting your WordPress site from hackers is important.
What you need to know about Blog Defender 3:
Here are some highlighting information how Blog Defender helps you protect your WordPress site from hackers. First of all, Matt is an experienced internet marketers who manages a good amount of WordPress sites. Therefore, he knows what works and how to make things work easier.
Blog Defender carries into the tool box that he actually uses for his own site. It’s intended to be a practical tool that does what it does and does it good while taking away the complicated mess and hassle that you might require elsewhere.
Blog Defender V3 actually composes of a variety of security features and audits to protect your WordPress site from hackers. This includes:
(1) Host Security Advisory, (2) Plugin Security Audits, (3) Theme Security Audits,
(4) Brute Force Security – This is important to securing your WordPress site from hackers, (5) Anti Cross-Site Scripting,
(6) MySQL Database Security – MySQL database is another critical component that can be exploited which thankfully Blog Defender addresses, (7) Nefarious Traffic Blocking,
(8) Hiding WordPress “Tell Tale” – this may not seem very important although it does help ,
(9) Anti-Comment Spam – If you use Askimet then you might not benefit too much from this Blog Defender feature but it’s useful and valuable especially if you don’t want to go through the Askimet sign up,
(10) File&Link Monitoring – Useful feature to keep active monitoring and protecting your WordPress site from hackers,
(11) Know Offender Blocking – Amazing feature with Blog Defender V3. It’s like protecting you from lending to borrowers with bad credit,
(12) Automating Core Updates – Actually WordPress can do this nowadays but a good measure of added security from hackers, (13) WordPress Security Audit.
We hope this provides sufficient information about the new Blog Defender V3. This continues onto another blog post we have on the Warrior Forum already but if you need more information about BDV3 then you can check this link out.
Effectively Blog Defender hopes to be a set and forget plugin to secure your WordPress site from hackers without any further effort on your end beyond installing and basic plug-in settings.
WordPress Security Paramount in 2015:
Protecting your WordPress site from hackers may seem like a trivial priority but it isn’t. It should be FIRST on your to-do list if it isn’t already settled.
This is what can happen when you don’t secure your WordPress website from hackers (which can be simply done through plugins like Blog Defender):
– Your WordPress website gets compromise: WordPress sites typically have a few vulnerabilities to be easily exploited. This can mean outdated plug-ins or it can simply be bot checking your password on your login page. Either ways, it isn’t uncommon for hackers to place malware or bad links into your website.
– You lose your search engine ranks: Once your website gets hacked and undetected, search engines will quickly drop your website from their front page index to protect their users.
– Lose your customer’s trust: If your WordPress site is compromise because you haven’t secured your WordPress site from hackers, it wouldn’t reflect well on your business or website. Your website may be flagged online limiting customers from visiting your website. The process is lengthy and slow to get it manually reviewed after fixing the security and undoing the work hackers did.
– Infect your visitors: If the hackers compromise your website, they may be installing malware on computers that visit your website. Your customers may not even know it (or it may thankfully be block by their internet security) but doing so spoils good will with your customers and jeopardizes them which may also risks compensation. Blog Defender 3 can protect your WordPress site.
– Lose website traffic: Overall, if your WordPress website is not protected from hackers, it can get compromise, if it gets hacked, then you can expect to lose a lot of web traffic. Web traffic typically means revenue which means you lose revenue.
-> Lose revenue: Overall, having a WordPress website hacked means you lose revenue, customers, and traffic. This is why protecting your website from hackers is a valuable investment.
I know you’re thinking it likely wouldn’t happen to you. After all, your website may not be critical so why would hackers target your website? The fact is, many of these are automated attacks onto your WordPress website so you need something that will secure your website from hackers (and spam too).
We had one of our websites hacked a couple years back and it was only a small niche site; the results was VERY time consuming and a huge hassle. As mentioned earlier, we had our site flagged on web browsers like FireFox and Chrome then we had our website ranking (which was slowly built up to the first page) lost and the meta content was a warning. As they say, prevention is easier than the cure, a simple plug-in like Blog Defender can save you the inconvenience of hiring someone to remove the hacker’s work later.
All in all it resulted in a lot of lost revenue and we eventually lost that website. Since then, we advocate using a security plugin to protect your WordPress site from hackers. What I’ve mentioned above is more so from experience rather than random thin air. This is where Blog Defender 3 can help. Blog Defender is one of the many options available to help you secure your WordPress site from hackers. There are free options that you can use and they work well but if you’re looking for something better in the longer term then perhaps Blog Defender might be a surer solution to secure your WordPress site from hackers.
Blog Defender 3 Bonus:
We’re offering some bonuses for Blog Defender 3 to help you further with your website. These blog defender bonuses will likely cost you more to purchase individually.
Blog Defender Bonus #1- SEO Ultimate 2015 ($17 Value):
Get SEO Ultimate 2015 from SEOtProsperity. Search engine traffic has been proven to be a source of quality traffic. This is traffic that converts. Many businesses and websites understand the monetary value of SEO. In SEO Ultimate 2015, you learn the basics of onsite/technical SEO and then get the in depth look of how to promote your website. This is an excellent bonus and complement to Blog Defender V3 protecting your WordPress site from hackers; now you can also help rank your WordPress site.
Blog Defender Bonus #2 – Social Promotions ($17 Value):
The next Blog Defender bonus is effectively a done for you solution to promote your WordPress site. You’ve now protected your WordPress site from hackers so it’s time to get the word out about your website/business. This includes SEO and social media. In this Blog Defender bonus, we’ll help you run a social promotion campaign to get the social signals and some trickle of traffic to your newly secured WordPress site. To do this, we’ll get your website shared on 3 authority social media sites and then add interactions to these shares to further accelerate the value of these posts!
We hope these Blog Defender bonuses will help you make better use of your WordPress site. We believe these will be excellent once you’ve protected your website from hackers and hope to get more users to your site and make more of your content!
If you have any questions or feedback about Blog Defender V3 then please leave a comment here. Thank you from IMInfoHub.